Need to schedule? Call 606-324-1141

If you are having an emergency or crisis, please call 800-562-8909

Peer Support Specialists provide social and emotional support, advocacy, and consumer information to Severely Mentally III (SMI) adults and Severely Emotionally Dis- turbed (SED) youth. Activities are planned and implemented through a partnership between the consumer and their treatment team and are provided to support both populations to live as independently as possible by directing their own recovery and wellness.


Peer Support Specialists must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or a GED (passed a General Educational Development test). The specialist shall attest to being in recovery from substances or sustained mental illness for a continuous period of two years. Each specialist must become peer certified for the population they will be working with before any service is provided and use their lived experience to engage and foster a supportive relationship.




Shanalee Branham

(606) 324-3005



Dena Garrett

(606) 329-8588, ext. 4549